Metal printed parts can be post processed to further enhance the part or give it a better surface finish. Some of these post processes include:
- Heat Treatment – To relieve internal stresses and alter the properties of some materials such as hardness. To reduce porosity and reduce microscopic voids or fissures and to achieve a grain structure.
- Support Removal – To remove the supports that were printed under sections that were not attached to the build plate.
- Loose Powder Removal – All loose powders have to be cleaned and removed from the print to prevent any loose powders trapped in the internal channels.
- Machining – To remove parts from the build plate, remove extraneous materials and prepare surfaces for additional finishing.
- Media Blasting – Improve the uniformity of horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Metal Plating – To augment the characteristics of the part such as improvements in corrosion, heart resistance, increased strength and hardness, conduction and aesthetics.
- Polishing – To achieve a final surface finish.
- Micro-machining – To improve surface finish and resistance to corrosion and reduce friction.
We have a wide range of such post processes here at 3D Metalforge and we will ensure your parts get printed and post processed in your desired finish before delivering them to you.